Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:25:51 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        "Kasper (swebase)" <kasper@swebase.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipnat problems.

> I get this problem the whole time on my screen, anyone who has a
> nice solution out there?
>
> Feb 13 21:09:01 mrtg /kernel: arp: 212.44.44.44 is on vr5 but got
> reply from 00:50:ba:e9:12:13 on vr3
>
> [ad nauseum]

It's impossible to tell without knowing your network topology, but
maybe one or more netmasks or addresses are set wrong on your
interfaces.  Or, possibly, one of your clients has an address set
wrong.

For an example, suppose I have two interfaces zz0 and zz1, and I do

  # ifconfig zz0 inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 0xfffffff0
  # ifconfig zz1 inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00

In other words, zz0 is connected to the four-bit network consisting of
192.168.0.n for 0 <= n < 16, and zz1 is connected to an 8-bit network
that does not intersect the first.  If a packet from, say, 192.168.0.2
comes in on zz1, you'll get a diagnostic like the above, since one
expects that to be on the network connected to zz0.

Lucas