Date:      Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:58:18 -0700
From:      "Vinod Kashyap" <vkashyap@amcc.com>
To:        "Brandon Fosdick" <bfoz@bfoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>, Dan Rue <drue@therub.org>
Subject:   RE: twa kernel panic under heavy IO

The drivers in the kernel tree are not bundled with the firmware
image by default.  You can bundle them by turning on a switch
in the Makefile.  A bundled driver will download the firmware if
the running firmware is from a different release (9.1*, 9.2* etc.),
or if the running firmware is an older version from the release
corresponding to that of the driver.

> > The 9.2* versions are compatible.  There are small=20
> incompatibilities=20
> > if you are mixing 9.1* and 9.2*.
> >=20
> >>And since we're here...is there any reason to update to 9.3=20
> if I only=20
> >>have a 9500S?
>=20
> Good to know.
>=20
> Thanks for the quick reply. FWIW I went with 3ware because I=20
> saw somewhere that a 3ware person was supposedly on this=20
> list. Glad to see it wasn't a rumor.
>=20

You are encouraged to contact 3ware support with questions related
to 3ware.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, =
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains =
information that is confidential and proprietary to Applied Micro =
Circuits Corporation or its subsidiaries. It is to be used solely for =
the purpose of furthering the parties' business relationship. All =
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If =
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply =