Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 11:19:54 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /dev/null and KSE panic 100% reproducible

Robert Watson wrote:
> Just for my benefit, could you check and see if you still get the
> reproduceable KSE panic without the MAC stuff compiled into the kernel?
> If not, it could have gone away because the bug is in the MAC code,
> because the bug was encouraged by the MAC code, or because it was a
> ordering/timing thing and it was a fluke that it occured consistently.
> Regardless, if you can reproduce it without MAC, it will also mean it's
> likely not my fault :-).
>
> I'll try installing the linux emulator base stuff on some test machines
> today -- just installing it is enough to trigger it?

On my machine, yes. :-)

I suspect some underlying corruption is causing the panic. But since
this presents me with a _repeatable_ KSE panic, I'm not trying to solve
it. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

Virtue is not left to stand alone.
He who practices it will have neighbors.
		-- Confucius