Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 11:34:43 +0200
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        Jonathan Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
Cc:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (bsd)tar is broken on 6.1

Hello!

> > I have narrowed the problem to a specific subdirectory and I think I
> > have the explanation:
> >
> > -rw-r--r--  1 jmz  jmz    4312 Apr 16  1947 supclkrd.prg
> >
> > Don't ask me why the date is wrong, this is really old stuff :-)

Since there cannot be a date before January 1st 1970, 0:00 on
any Unix system, i guess there's something seriously broken here.

Signed/unsigned overflow for the time_t value in question?

Regards,
Patrick M. Hausen
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100