Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:07:56 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware SATA controllers working with 4.10?

On Aug 2, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

> There are a few SATA controllers listed as supported in 4.10, but I'm
> not
> seeing anything from 3ware.  If you saw a recent post, you know that
> I've
> inheritied some hardware, and I'm just trying to make sure that FreeBSD
> is going to run prior to blowing away the Linux install.

The simple thing to do is boot a FreeBSD install CD and check what it
sees. Likely to tell you more than you currently know about what the
hardware really is.

If sysinstall sees your SATA drives and is willing to install on them
then its likely you are in business. Then the issue would be managing
the RAID hardware.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net