Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:28:32 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recommendations for laptop and desktop

> I agree that a wiki would be ideal, but it would require active management.
> That's the real issue.
>
> It's also the reason wiki.FreeBSD.org would not be practical. I might be
> able to admin such a wiki, but I have no place to put it.  But I'm retired,
> so I should have time.
>
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
> Retired
> kob6558@gmail.com

You have time but no space ?  I have space but no time. So if you want,
I could install a wiki & turn it over to you to run.
	I just set up DNS for http://wiki.berklix,org/laptops/
		to a static web page till I put up a wiki
	Next I need to decide which wiki stuff from ports to install.
	Suggestions welcome.

However, maybe the team at
http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/index.html?action=laptop_submit_form just
needs a bit of help upgrading their form & weeding / ordering their
database ?  ie start by adding 7.[34] 8.[0-2]  etc to form You could
ask them. BTW Axel Gruner on foot of that page by chance is in same
town as me, you could contact him & ask.

Alternatively there is http://wiki.freebsd.org
You could see if they'll give you space there.
I seem to recall it's for developers though, no docu.
so might be difficult to get access. Up to you.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.