Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 17:56:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Manfred Antar <root@mantar.slip.netcom.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 1740 kernel problem

On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Are   you   sure you  did   everything  right (rebuilding   config, "config
> WHATEVER", "make depend" and "make all") ?
>
> My current kernel  has been compiled  on Nov.  6th and I  do not  have this
> problem...

did all that and i still get the same error.have you tried to just
compile a kernel with just a ahb0 controller? if i add: controller ahc0
even though i don't have one on this machine the kernel builds fine,and
the system boots fine.here is what i have for controller in my config file

controller	ahb0 at isa? bio irq ? vector ahbintr
controller	scbus0 at ahb0
disk		sd0 at scbus0 target 0
disk		sd1 at scbus0 target 1
device		cd0 at scbus0 target 2
tape		st0 at scbus0 target 4

controller	ahc0 #it won't compile without this?

||    mantar@netcom.com     ||
||    Ph. (415) 647-4843    ||