Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:08:29 -0500
From:      Jeffrey Vehrs <70673.3111@compuserve.com>
To:        Blind.Copy.Receiver@compuserve.com
Subject:   CVSup & make world

Oy! I think I just survived my first cvsup & make world. For some reason, I
don't see if it does update with FreeBSD-stable(2.2.6) or not.

CVSup is an easy part. Not bad, anyone can do this. Now -- make world is a
long and scary road. I followed Nik Clayton's doc at
www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html. I
didn't really felt confidence after I went thru this. I have no idea what's
working or not. Apparently, I was able to boot up and work on it without
problems so far.(knock on wood)

Anyway, do "RELEASE #n" tells me that I've updated the system? Right now,
it said #1. Before I did this, it was #0.

-Jeff