Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 08:44:17 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internet In A Box

>On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:
>
>> May I suggest that a small team get together to hash out whatever it
>> takes to get the "Internet Out Of The Box " edition of FreeBSD out
>> the door?

We just decided to start doing this here in New England. 486's running
FreeBSD as gateways/ppp machines with mail and web servers set up.

The one thing that seems to be needed (from what we've found clients want)
is packet filtering in the kernel, which can be provided by something called
"screend". I've got the kernel patches ported to FreeBSD 2.0.5 and am trying
to get the author to let it be part of the BSD distribution as a package.

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 11 Carver St, Nashua, NH  03060
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...