Date:      Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:03:53 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Most stable EISA SCSI controller?

Hi,

     Does anyone know which EISA SCSI controller is the "most stable"
under FreeBSD 2.1R?  I need to replace my 1542CF with some EISA
controller, and I'd like to know what I should get.  Normally, I'd just
get an Adaptec 2742.  However, the 2940 driver in 2.1R supposedly has
problems, and the same ahc driver seems to be used for the 2742.  I'm
worried about the stability of the 2742/ahc driver in 2.1R.

     Does anyone have any experience with the Buslogic 747?  Is it more
stable than the 2742 under 2.1R?  [ I wish I could get something based
on an NCR 810 or somesuch, but I don't have any PCI slots.  Ouch, ouch,
ouch.  ;-( ]

     Thanks,
     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.