Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:08:11 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Broder_Mizz=E9rable?= <muppetb0y@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help *fast*

Broder Mizzérable wrote:

> Hello there.. i'm switching to FreeBSD ' now '... i did try to use the
> floppy installation way. but it seems like all my floppy's are 50kb to
> small =/ ... so i was wondering .. is it possible to use a CD ' That
> does already has stuffs on it but still boot it and download FTP wise
> .. as you would do as on the floppy installation ... i do ask this cuz
> i dont have any free CD's atm ..

I'm not quite following what you mean? You tried the standard tools to
make the floppy's, like rawrite and dd? AND you did format these disk
before hand to check that they didn't have bad sectors?.... I have a big
box of floppy's that have been siting in the closet and every time I
need one I have to go through 20 or so bad ones that have bad sectors or
invalid media to find the one perfect one. floppy diskettes are junk
thats why we stopped using them.