Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:51:11 -0500
From:      Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mail blocking

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:25 pm, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> Exactly.  I don't pay for metered utilization, but I *do* pay in lost usage
> of my relatively skinny connection.  I received 8,000 (yep, that's right)
> 200K emails in one night.

Kirk (and others):

 I came up with a primitive but effective way to block these spam viruses in
Kde's Kmail. This is for a POP accont on dial up.
1) In Settings->configure kmail->network click on the recieving tab and check
the "Filter messages if they are greater than" box set the size to about 3800
bytes

2) In Settings->Configure POP Filters set up a filter to delet the unwanted
messages off your ISP's POP server.

3) The Kmail POP filter can accept regex and there is even a GUI regular
expression editor. It works reasonably well.

				Kind regards,
				Jonathan