Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:06:20 -0800
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RSA problems

Just updated a system to 4.2-STABLE, code is from Thursday, 21
December.  When I try to ssh to clients who only understand SSHv1,
this is the error I get:

  ssh: no RSA support in libssl and libcrypto.  See ssl(8).
  Disabling protocol version 1
  DH_generate_key

I have another machine with the same version of OpenSSL (code from 5
December), and this isn't an issue on that machine.  My question is
whether or not this problem was caused by some settings in
/etc/make.conf (like, for example, the USA_RESIDENT option).  Is
/etc/make.conf consulted at all during a buildworld/installworld
sequence?

Many thanks,
Erick