Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:24:10 -0500
From:      Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade question (failed updates)

What do we do about packages that "fail" to update?

This is my first time running portupgrade, and am unsure what to think about
the ones where there is a "configure error" or "uknown build error" or
"install error"

FYI -- I followed the following steps:
1) upgraded from 7.0-RELEASE to 7.1-RELEASE
2) updated /usr/ports: #portsnap fetch/extract/update
3) udated db: #pkgdb -u
4) fixed db: #pkgdb -F
5) updated installed packages: #portupgrade -av

At the end of the "week-long" process I have 6 failed attempts:
linux-atk-1.9.1 (install error)
linux-pango-1.10.2 (install error)
intltool-0.37.1 (unknown build error)
xkeyboard-config-1.3 (configure error)
shared-mime-info-0.51 (configure error)
policykit-0.9_1 (configure error)

My system seems to run just fine. So, should I be worried?

Thanks!
--
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com