Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:12:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        lynch@bsdunix.net (Pat Lynch)
Cc:        ben@scientia.demon.co.uk (Ben Smithurst), current@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On hub.freebsd.org refusing to talk to dialups

> yes, Dynamic dialups are the real problems. I have a static dialup, and
> its essentially mine to do with what I want. its not counted among my
> ISP's dialup pools.

And if you signed the additional clauses to our AUP that basically places
you at legal and financial risk for violation of the other parts of the
AUP, with special respect to spamming, your static IP would be excluded
from our filter.  We just don't like to have to do this for an account
that is anything less than a DS-1 loop, though it may be fractional DS-1.

We really hate to do it for any dial up services, we will leave that
business to the IP's who provide no real service.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                    rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net