Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:16:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      X X <nevertellanyone@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   will it work?

Hello,
I want to have a home server on my network. I have a
pc with AMD Athlon xp 2200+ processor, 1gb ddr ram, 2-
500gb hard drives, 10/100 lan. I need it to serve
files to 5 computers. It has to allow remote access
from outside the network by administrator. It has to
allow me to serve 2 websites. It has to be a ftp
server. It needs to work with both windows and macs on
the network. It has to have the ability to run
automated backups to either internal hd (like raid
mirroring) or usb external hd. It will be connected to
the home network by wired ethernet. It will NOT have
to dhcp (router does that). Is there a way to set up
freebsd to work as this type of server?
Thank you