Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:52:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bsd@picard.mandrakesoft.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM :/

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

>Just letting you know that someone is abusing this mailing list for
>gathering addresses to SPAM - just got a spam with an address I haven't
>used anywhere else. :/
>Anything we can do about that?

For one, we DO NOT send spam back to the list about spam because that spam
is spam itself and lowers the S/N.  Whomever sent all of those messages
"poisoning" the spammer database is a spammer too.

If you get spam from the list contact the postmaster who is Jonathan M
Bresler. He does a good job at keeping the S/N ratio up.

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither