Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 96 17:19:27 -0800
From:      ron@maxstrat.com (Ron Lee)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS and NLM

Hello,

I also need to ask about NIS and NLM.  How up to date is the Network Information
Service provided in FreeBSD, since I know that SUN released their new NIS+
protocol ?  Is there any where else I could look for NIS or NIS+ because I
might have to do some porting of this code to a new platform under a different
kernel(Real-TIme Kernel).  Also, I don't remember finding the Network Lock
Manager in the FreeBSD sources distribution.  Is it proprietory software from
SUN or can I find a source for this protocol.  Of course this includes such
programs as Stat Daemon.  I am not completely familiar with this protocol so
if you don't mind can you give me any information regarding this.

Thanks for all your help
ron@maxstrat.com

Also, thanks to  Stefan Esser for replying to my last question.

  Ron Lee                             Tel: (408) 383-1600
  Maximum Strategy, Inc.              Fax: (408) 383-1616
  801 Buckeye Court                 EMAIL: ron@maxstrat.com
  Milpitas, CA  95035-7408            URL: http://www.maxstrat.com/