Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 00:27:13 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng suggestion: renaming /usr/sbin/pkg to /usr/sbin/pkg-bootstrap

--AqCDj3hiknadvR6t

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 06:19:57PM -0400, Steve Wills wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> It seems to me that renaming the pkg binary in /usr/sbin/pkg to /usr/sbin=
/pkg-bootstrap would make sense. From a user standpoint, it is confusing th=
at running the command gets different results the second time it is run vs.=
 the first time. I can imagine a user saying "I ran pkg, but it didn't do w=
hat they said it would.  Now I run it again, and it does do what it is supp=
osed to." Also, it would enable setting up a pkg-bootstrap man page separat=
e from the pkg man page, without confusion about which one you're looking a=
t.
>=20
> So, opinions? There may still be time to fix it for 9.1 if we can decide =
quickly.
>=20
I do personnally have no opinion on this, I have hesitated long between both
before choosing /usr/sbin/pkg.

I'm interested in other's opinion.

regards,
Bapt