Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:52:26 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet more attacks on BSD from Leibovitz

At 10:25 AM 6/21/2000, Brad Knowles wrote:

>>http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/main/0,10228,2591417,00.html
>
>        I can't speak for any others (I haven't read them, and probably won't), but this particular article doesn't strike me as being "BSD bashing".

It is. It dismisses those who advocate BSD-style licensing as "hating" the GPL
(implying an emotional response rather than sound ethical convictions). It
also attempts to link advocacy of BSD licensing to the amoral "objectivism"
of the followers of Ayn Rand. And it parrots Stallman's assertions that
commercial developers are "hoarders." (Never mind that the FSF has a far
larger "hoard" of software of which it has exclusive ownership than any
commercial developer except perhaps Microsoft or IBM.)

This article deserves a vigorous response.

--Brett