Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:09:06 -0300
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@freebsd.org>
To:        dsranieri@comcast.net, scrappy@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: dtc-toaster-0.24.6.1_4

- --On Monday, August 20, 2007 05:54:15 -0400 David Ranieri=20
<dsranieri@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am currently using Debian etch and dtc my friend has been trying to
> convince me to turn to freebsd or openbsd what held me back was both did not
> have dtc. I am looking for an honest opinion on using freebsd or openbsd as a
> server and or desktop or both as apprised to Debian Linux. We are also trying
> to come up with a system to move from our small home office into a real
> building and multiple servers?
>
> Also can you tell me what you think of DTC compared to the other panels like
> syscp and such? Please this goes no where but to my wife and my =
self=E2=80=99s
> eyes.

I personally like DTCs interface ... but, I also haven't looked at very many=20
other panels ... the only major drawback I've found so far, and that is=20
relative, is that it only support MySQL, and we're primarily a PostgreSQL shop, =

so have alot of headaches with trying to debug issues with it ...

It is definitely a panel that I'd recommend, I just wish I had more hours in my =

day to dig into its code better :(

- ----