Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        shawn@luke.cpl.net (Shawn Ramsey)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange mail problem

> We are having a _very_ strange and annoying problem with mail. There is a
> particular company that we host a web page for, and they also have a
> dedicated connection with us. (ISDN). The thing is, on our mail server, if
> mail is sent from it, it tries to DELIVER IT LOCALLY. I had this problem
> once for a company we were virtual hosting, then couldnt get it to stop...
> but we have never done that for this particular client. Any ideas?
>

> Could it be a DNS problem? I just don't see how it thinks the domain is
> local, except we host their web site @ www.* .
>
> Thanks for any ideas...
I have the same problems. One of the things to look for is the "Local Host =
best MX". I had the same problems with virtual sites till I set no reverse
DNS to the domain. So instead of "Domain.com" in the reverse I have on
all virtual IP numbers "www-virtual.Alameda.net"

--
Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073