Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:37:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Native PPPoE broken (4.6-STABLE), RP-PPPoE working?!

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> >It seems hard to understand how the pppoe node in the kernel can slow
> >things down.
>
> Here is an example

I wasn;t saying there was a problem, just that my imagination is having a
hard time coming up with an explanation..

I know that the answer has to be in tcpdump traces..

you can tcpdump on both the tun interface or the ethernet interface..

it may be worth doing both to see if there is any delay between the two..