Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:40:53 -0400
From:      thekewlguy@aol.com (TheKewlGuy)
To:        <saar-lists-freebsd-hackers@uunet.uu.net>
Subject:   READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little while back, I was browsing these newsgroups, just like you are
 now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could make
 thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of
 $5.00! So I thought, "Yeah, right, this must be a scam," but like most
 of us I was curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send
 $1.00 to each of the 5 names and addresses stated in the article. You
 then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at #5,
 and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands)
 No catch, that was it.

 So after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first, I thought
 about trying it. I figured what have I got to lose except 5 stamps and
 $5.00, right?

 Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the
 legal aspects of it all. So I checked it out with my country Post
 Office, and others had with US Post (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed
 that it is indeed legal!

 Then I invested the measly $5.00.............

 Well GUESS WHAT!!... with in 7 days, I started getting money in the
 mail! I was shocked! I still figured it would end soon, and didn't give
 it another thought. But the money just kept coming in. In my first week,
 I made about $20.00 to $30.00 dollars. By the end of the second week I
 had made a total of over $1,000.00!!!!!! In the third week I had over
 $10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have
 made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in .......

 It's certainly worth $5.00, and 5 stamps, I spent more than that on the
 lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, Why it
 works....also, make sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you
 can get the information off of it as you need it. The process is very
 simple and consists of 3 easy steps:

 STEP 1: Get 5 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each
 piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 5 $1.00
 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 5 pieces of paper so the bill
 will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place
 one paper in each of the 5 envelopes and seal them. You should now have
 5 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the above phrase
 and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this. THIS
 IS PERFECTLY LEGAL!

 Mail the 5 envelopes to the following addresses: (MAKE SURE YOU MAIL $1
cash to EACH of these people or it WILL NOT WORK.....If you follow these
directions carefully......you willl recieve LOTS of money....if you don't
follow the directions...you will no recieve jack.
YOU CAN USE A FAKE NAME FOR PRIVACY AND SECURITY REASONS....AND/OR RENT A
P.O BOX AT YOUR POST OFFICE OR A MAIL SERVICE CENTER IF YOU DO NOT WANT
ALL THIS CASH COMING TO YOUR HOUSE......BUT IT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO USE
YOUR HOME ADDRESS.....MOST DO.

 #1 Tom, BDB.
 Via Damiano Chiesa 10
 00010 Marcellina (Roma)
 Italy

 #2 H. J. Sung
 1839 Keeaumoku St.
 Honolulu, HI 96822-3004

 #3 C.Mas
 1130 Greensboro Lane
 Box 73
 Sarasota, FL 34234

#4 RED MOSQUITO
P. O. Box 891329-277
Suite #180- 277
2323 Clear Lake City Blvd
Houston, Texas 77289-1329

#5 Kyle Everett
2215 Topsfield Rd.
South Bend, IN 46614

 STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the
 other names up (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3, etc...) and add YOUR Name as
 number 5 on the list.

 STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as
 close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at
 least 200 newsgroups. (I think there is close to 25,000 groups) All you
 need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!

 Don't know HOW to post in the newsgroups? Well do exactly the following:
 (OR YOU MAY BE ABLE TO USE THE "COPY AND PASTE" METHOD.)
 FOR NETSCAPE USERS:
 1) Click on any newsgroup, like normal. Then click on "To News", which
 is in the top left corner of the newsgroup page. This will bring up a
 message box.

 2) Fill in the SUBJECT with a flashy title, like the one I used,
 something to catch the eye!!!

 3) Now go to the message part of the box and retype this letter exactly
 as it is here, with exception of your few changes. (remember to add your
 name to number 5 and move the rest up)

 4) When your're done typing in the WHOLE letter, click on 'FILE' above
 the send button. Then, 'SAVE AS..' DO NOT SEND YOUR ARTICLE UNTIL YOU
 SAVE IT. (so you don't have to type this 200 times)

 5) Now that you have saved the letter, go ahead and send your first
 copy! (click the 'SEND' button in the top left corner)

 6) This is where you post all 200! OK, go to ANY newsgroup article and
 click the 'TO NEWS' button again. Type in your flashy subject in the
 'SUBJECT BOX', then go to the message and place your cursor here. Now
 click on 'ATTACHMENT' which is right below the 'SUBJECT BOX'. Click on
 attach file then find your letter wherever you saved it. Click once on
 your file then click 'OPEN' then click 'OK'. If you did this right, you
 should see your filename in the 'ATTACHMENT BOX' and it will be shaded.

 NOW POST AWAY!

 FOR INTERNET EXPLORER:
 It's just as easy, holding down the left mouse button, highlight this
 entire article, then press the 'CTRL' key and 'C' key at the same time
 to copy this article. Then print the article for your records to have
 the names of those you will be sending $1.00 to.

 Go to the newsgroups and press 'POST AN ARTICLE' type in your flashy
 subject and click the large window below. Press 'CTRL' and 'V' and the
 article will appear in the message window. **BE SURE TO MAKE YOUR
 ADDRESS CHANGES TO THE 5 NAMES.** Now re-highlight the article and
 re-copy it so you have the changes.... then all you have to do for each
 newsgroup is 'CTRL' and 'V' and press 'POST'. It's that easy!! THAT'S
 IT! All you have to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away,
 after you get the hang of it, it will take about 30 seconds for each
 newsgroup!

 **REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL
 MAKE!! BUT YOU HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200**

 **If these instructions are too complex to follow, try Forte's "Free
 Agent." It is freeware for noncommercial use. To download it, simply use
 a search utility and type "Forte Free Agent". You should be able to find
 it.**

 That's it! You will begin receiving money from around the world within
 days! You may eventually want to rent a P.O. Box due to the large amount
 of mail you receive. If you wish to stay anonymous, you can invent a
 name to use, as long as the postman will deliver it.

 **JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT.**

 ---

 Now the WHY part: Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a
 very low example). So then I made $5.00 with my name at #5 on the
 letter. Now, each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make the
 MINIMUM 200 postings, each with my name at #4 and only 5 persons respond
 to each of the original 5, that is another $25.00 for me, now those 25
 each make 200 MINIMUM posts with my name at #3 and only 5 replies each,
 I will bring in an additional $125.00! Now, those 125 persons turn
 around and post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #2 and only receive 5
 replies each, I will make an additional $626.00! OK, now here is the fun
 part, each of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name
 at #1 and they each only receive 5 replies, that just made me
 $3,125.00!!! With a original investment of only $5.00! AMAZING! And as I
 said 5 responses is actually VERY LOW! Average is probable 20 to 30! So
 lets put those figures at just 15 responses per person. Here is what you
 will make:

 at #5 $15.00

 at #4 $225.00

 at #3 $3,375.00

 at #2 $50,625.00

 at #1 $759,375.00

 When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the latest
 posting in the newsgroups, and send out another $5.00 to names on the
 list, putting your name at number 5 again. And start posting again. The
 thing to remember is that thousands of people all over the world are
 joining the Internet and reading these articles everyday, JUST LIKE YOU
 are now!! So can you afford $5.00 and see if it really works?? I think
 so... People have said, "what if the plan is played out and no one sends
 you the money? So what! What are the chances of that happening when
 there are tons of new honest users and new honest people who are joining
 the Internet and newsgroups everyday and are willing to give it a try?
 Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000 new users, every day, with thousands
 of those joining the actual Internet. Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY
 and this will work. You just have to be honest. Make sure you print this
 article out RIGHT NOW, also. Try to keep a list of everyone that sends
 you money and always keep an eye on the newsgroups to make sure everyone
 is playing fairly.

 Remember, HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. You don't need to cheat the basic
 idea to make the money!!

 GOOD LUCK to all and please play fairly and reap the huge rewards from
 this, which is tons of extra CASH. **By the way, if you try to deceive
 people by posting the messages with your name in the list and not
 sending the money to the rest of the people already on the list, you
 will NOT get as much. Someone I talked to knew someone who did that and
 he only made about $150.00, and that's after seven or eight weeks! Then
 he sent the 5 $1.00 bills, people added him to their lists, and in 4-5
 weeks he had over $10k.

 This is the fairest and most honest way I have ever seen to share the
 wealth of the world without costing anything but our time!!!

 Don't listen to the people that don't trust it and continue to say it's
 illegal and don't work... They are just too skeptical.

 You also may want to buy mailing and e-mail lists for future dollars.