Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:41:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        mcgovern@spoon.beta.com, questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving CD audio data around with HP 4020i

In a previous message, Jordan K. Hubbard said:
> > I successfully used CD-GEAR on Solaris to make audio CDs. It read an
> > wrote, using a Philips CDD2000. I've got a new Yamaha drive that
>
> Heh, I'll bet you $10 right now that I can send you an Audio CD
> (transcribed from DAT) which you will *not* be able to duplicate
> with your Solaris box. :-)

I don't know. How the gear software works is that you sample each song
into a file on the HD then build a disk from that. There is no CD to
CD-R duplication.

However, like I said, I haven't got the Yamaha working yet. Also, I
had to give up my 100BT/FastWide SBUS card (that I had my fast/wide
barracuda on) for testing.

So I'd take the bet, if I had a stable system. But, I don't. If you
want, when I'm stable again, I'll try for you if you want the disk.

Paul.

--
"God willing... we shall return."
				-Gene Cernan, the Moon, Dec 1972