Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:27:20 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live555.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does the "iwi" driver (Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG) support "hostap"?

When I try to configure my "iwi" device (after loading the bss
firmware) to run as an access point (under 6.0-STABLE):
         ifconfig iwi0 inet <my-addr> ssid FOOBAR channel 5 media
DS/11Mbps mediaopt hostap up
I get
         ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (media): Device not configured

Is this because "hostap" mode is not currently supported for the
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG (iwi) device?  Or is there something that
I'm doing wrong?

(If it's not possible to run this driver in "hostap" mode, then how
could I configure it to run as an IBSS 'base station' instead?  (The
"network-wireless.html" page in the FreeBSD handbook is silent on this point.))

         Ross.