Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 14:21:06 -0800
From:      Jeff Smith <sumisu@nttlabs.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems after 2.2-960801-SNAP

Actually, I am already using PAO with 2.2-960801-SNAP.  My concern was
that the standard boot floppy used to work without problems and if I
were to upgrade (or just grab new kernel sources) and there was
something in the newer versions of the kernel that were having
problems with the PCMCIA driver I would be in trouble.  (We also tried
a 3COM PCMCIA with the same problems - no errors/complaints about the
ethernet card, but the PCIC was timing out on this also.)

Thinking about it more, obviously if Hosokawa was able to build the
PAO for 2.2 ALPHA then he wasn't having problems with the PCMCIA
controller on his HiNote (but I seem to remember he had the Ultra, not
the UltraII).

Well, if I don't here of any "real" problems from other people then
I'll be adventurous when I get back from Japan and have time to debug
the problem and check kernel sources.

js

--
 Jeffrey D. Smith     $B!Z%8%'%U%j!<!&%9%_%9![(B
 Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation

 new-pgp-fingerprint: 2F 95 88 54 C1 FB 75 25  BB 71 FC 8A 85 49 18 C2
 old-pgp-fingerprint: C1 EE A9 BD B1 E9 2E 9A  03 CF 6B E1 CF C4 D0 0D
 e-mail: sumisu@nttlabs.com