Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:38:40 -0700
From:      "Dewey, Michael" <mdewey@uswest.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pcmcia modem

I can't get my pcmcia modem to work on my compaq armada laptop.  It is not a
winmodem (and it works fine with linux, so I imagine it should be OK with
FreeBSD).  All of the documentation that I have found for ppp starts with
the assumption that your modem is recognized, but mine won't even give me a
dial tone.  Can somebody with a laptop tell me what they have in their
kernel configuration that lets FBSD recognize that there is a modem in the
pcmcia slot?

Thanks,
Mike