Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:12:30 +0100
From:      Matthias Muthmann <mmuthmann@gmx.net>
To:        Ken Folse <ksfjr@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ultra Enterprise 2, Creator3D, type6, Xorg issues

--=-mMmsnl219S0fGE2Fk7TL

Am Montag, den 14.11.2005, 12:52 -0600 schrieb Ken Folse:
> Howdy,
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I am using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE with xorg 6.8.2 installed on an Ultra
> Enterprise 2 with a Creator3D series 3 card and (non-USB)type6 keyboard w=
ith
> crossbow mouse.=20
>=20
> I would like to know if there are any guides to setting up xorg to run on
> the sparc platform. I have tried google, but I just can't find any
> documentation in regards to sparc. I found an X11R6 on SPARC FAQ, but it
> should be more appropriately titled X11R6 on SOLARIS. I have been up and
> down the various mail list archives, but haven't found a definitive "THIS
> WORKS!"
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I have run X -configure and this tells me to run 'X -config
> /root/xorg.conf.new'. When I run this, it loads X up to the grey screen w=
ith
> the x cursor in the middle and freezes. I can usually Control+Alt+Backspa=
ce
> out of this back to console. The Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Compose keys
> light up but the Num Lock does not.=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> If I hit Caps Lock on the console, the same keys light up and stick on.
> However, I can toggle Caps Lock on and off. The lights just stay on.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I have run xorgcfg to similar results. It loads into X, then a small wind=
ow
> pops up, the screen goes black, goes back into X and then freezes. I can'=
> even Control+Alt+Backspace out of this. I log in via ssh and kill X to ge=
> out.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> xorgconfig seems to be i386centric, so that's been a dead end.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I have experimented with changing the keyboard, mouse, and framebuffer
> settings in the config files, but the results are always the same. I used
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jake/XF86Config as a guide, but I have also tr=
ied
> some of the settings other people have used in the mailing list.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I have read of previous problems with similar set ups, especially the typ=
e6,
> but those were generally for older versions of FreeBSD and/or xorg.
>=20
> [...]

Hi,

this is my working config for a sun ultra 10 creator 3d with a german
type5c keyboard.

Have fun!

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" # RightOf "Screen1"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bitstream-vera/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
#       Load  "extmod"
#       Load  "xie"
#       Load  "pex5"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "dbe"
#       Load  "record"
#       Load  "xtrap"
#       Load  "speedo"
        Load  "type1"
        SubSection  "extmod"
              Option    "omit xfree86-dga"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Keyboard0"
   Option      "Protocol"   "standard"
   Driver      "kbd"
   Option      "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
   Option      "XkbRules"   "sun"
   Option      "XkbModel"   "type5"
    Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
EndSection

#Section "InputDevice"
#        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
#        Driver      "kbd"
     #   Option      "XkbRules"  "xorg"
     #   Option      "XkbModel"  "pc105"
#       Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
#EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
#       Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
#       Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor 0"
        VendorName   "Samsung"
        ModelName    "SYNCMASTER 750P"
#        UseModes     "Modes[0]"
        HorizSync    28.0 - 96.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
#        Option      "CalcAlgorithm" "IteratePrecisely"
        Option      "DPMS"
        DisplaySize 306 230
EndSection

Section "Device"