Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 01:44:59 -0300
From:      "Conrado Vardanega" <cvspam@ig.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Disallowed any service (not ssh), part III

Hi there.

My machine (192.168.3.5) accesses FTP, Telnet and SSH on the server
(192.168.3.1), with any user account. The same accounts, from any other
machine, has access denied (they begin the login proccess and fails login
after password).

Why only from my workstation I can get access to services (ssh/ftp/telnet
etc.)?

The server has no ipfw rules (default to accept), login.access is default,
hosts.allow is default (first line "ALL:ALL:allow"). All machines have DNS
entry, as well reverse matching the forward name.

Thanks for all you have been spending time w/ me! :)

---
Conrado Vardanega
cvarda@ig.com.br
http://go.to/conrado