Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:40:55 +0400
From:      Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        Iain Dooley <iain_dooley@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating source code manually

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 05:31:44AM +0500,
 Iain Dooley probably wrote:
=20
> that's great! i never even thought of doing that... that way i can just=
=20
> apply the patch as was described in earlier emails and then make install=
=20
								   ^
You mean make------------------------------------------------------/

> from the kdebase ports dir and then use "portupgrade -w kdebase" to add t=
he=20
> changes. thanks everyone for the great advice!

I hope you read the further emails (Robert's and mine). Either you have
all dependencies up-to-date, and do what I suggested, or you downgrade
the ports tree to the state where your dependencies are up-to-date, and
do what I suggested. The two other alternatives are giving it up or, if
you enjoy living dangerously, installing KDE's dependencies and
dependencies-of-dependencies (actually doing a `portupgrade') while KDE
is running.

Robert:

The `build-depends' target seems to do exactly what your B) point
was about. Just FYI.

--=20
DoubleF
In the beginning was the word.
But by the time the second word was added to it,
there was trouble.
For with it came syntax ...
		-- John Simon

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw