Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:29:16 +1100 (EST)
From:      Mark Russell <freebsd@mark.net.au>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: INDEX[-5] files were removed from CVS.

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Mark Linimon wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Mark Russell wrote:
>
>> So major changes to 2 stable branches have been discussed in non public
>> lists and non gives a hoot on the effects on how it effects the general
>> userbase?
>
> Yes, amongst the ports administrators and release engineers.
>
> The theory was that it should have no negative effect.  If cvsup
> is deleting the file then that's a problem; adding INDEX to your
> refuse file is probably the best solution.

As I've already pointed out this has had major effect also the work around
you mentioned was not documented, damn 02:30 on a Sunday morning and I
have to update a few hundred boxes beause of crap that wasn't discused,
thanx guys *NOT*

--
History repeats itself.
That's one of the things wrong with history.