Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 2009 17:17:15 +0100
From:      Frank Mitchell <mitchell@wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk>
To:        ukfreebsd@uk.freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Death By NetBSD

Hi:

Recently I installed NetBSD, then found FreeBSD wouldn't start. I had this
problem before and believed it was due to a bug in the NetBSD Boot Selector,
which I avoided installing. But this time it looked as if my FreeBSD
Partition got wiped completely.

Re-trying, it looked like NetBSD spotted the FreeBSD FFSv2 Partition and
decided to assign it a Mount Point of "/". This is listed if you look
closely under "NetBSD Disklabel Partitions... last chance to change". I
edited that Mount Point away and afterwards my (reinstalled) FreeBSD was
still present.

Hey, I'm glad I keep my Data on a separate Partition. Am I the only guy who
didn't know about this?

Yours Truly: Frank Mitchell