Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/25286: mkisofs-1.13 core dump.

The following reply was made to PR ports/25286; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@yoda.fwe.pi.musin.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, schilling@fokus.gmd.de,
	dirk@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:16:23 +0200

 On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 06:03:35PM +0100, Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:

 > >Number:         25286
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       mkisofs-1.13 core dump.
 > >Originator:     Stefan `Sec` Zehl
 > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE i386
 >
 > mkisofs-1.13 built on an FreeBSD-4.2 system from the ports

 > mkisofs cores when generating iso's with more than a few bytes.
 >
 > I traced this down to a segmentation fault in __dtoa. This occures when
 > mkisofs tries to ouput the:
 > "  2.60% done, estimate finish Thu Feb 22 17:56:16 2001"
 > message.
 >
 > After much debugging, I found out that mkisofs uses a wrong prototype for
 > the __dtoa function. After I corrected it, and the two offending calls,
 > it now works fine.
 >
 > <de>Das kommt davon wenn man nicht-oeffentliche Funktionen benutzt
 >     *seufz*</de>

 This sounds like something related to the recent __dtoa() and *printf()
 cleanup.  It would be best if your patch were applied conditionally,
 probably conditional on OSVERSION.

 Should some recent __FreeBSD_version bump be used (I think the last one
 was quite a while ago..), or should we wait for 4.3-RELEASE and use its
 new __FreeBSD_version instead?

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.