Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:22:06 +0200
From:      Lena@lena.kiev.ua
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Darren Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
Subject:   Re: When was the last ports tree that worked with RELENG_6?

Chris Rees wrote:

> I think you may have some luck installing an up to date make(1) and
> dialog(1) (or set NO_DIALOG=yes in make.conf) from stable/9 or
> similar; many of the problems on 6 are caused by missing variable
> modifiers.

I have a jail without sources under 6.3-STABLE. I copied all the content
of the /usr/src/usr.src/make/ directory from another machine with 8.3-RELEASE,
in that directory gave `make` command, then copied the "make" executable to
/usr/bin/ . I use current port tree and succesfully update
openssl, stunnel, pcre, exim.