Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 11:05:19 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        UnderbaT <ora@sell103-125.resnet.wisc.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Littl ehelp with access changes.

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 22:34:09 CST, UnderbaT wrote:

> What else do I need to do to be able to connect with root?  I can
> currently telnet and login with my regular account.

Are, there's the magic -- you didn't mention root. :-)

For ssh, you need the following line in your sshd_config:

	PermitRootLogin yes

The default is ``no''.

For telnet, you need to flag your pseudo-terminals as ``secure'' (see
the ttys(5) manual page for more details).  Note that this is a Very Bad
Idea.  Don't do it. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.