Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:14:43 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brianc@pobox.com, davidn@blaze.net.au (David Nugent), jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Subject:   Re: non-passworded accounts

As Brian Campbell wrote:

> After installing 2.2.1, can anyone change an account which has a
> password so that it no longer does?
>
> I've had no luck.  The obvious vipw and remove empty passwd method
> doesn't seem to work.

Ouch!

David hasn't tested his new feature enough before merging it into 2.2!

Not only that a passwordless account can no longer be used, while
trying to debug this using gdb's attach feature, i've almost always
been able to segfault it somewhere in badlogin().

Jordan, i'm afraid we need a KNOWNBUGS list... :-(

--
cheers, J"org