Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:47:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Jimi Thompson <jimit@prodigy.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Config Out of Date

but it will possibly still not compile the kernel correctly as
the current sources require gcc3.x

you need to do it with teh instructions which include:

cd /usr/src
make buildworld
make KERNCONF=MYKERNEL buildkernel
make installworld
make installkernel

among other things.

the newest handbok has info on how to do this I think..
WARNING:
you MAY need to go via 4.6-STABLE to be sure it will work...

doing it this way first compiles the tools including gcc
then the rest of the build only uses the rebuilt tools...