Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:46:43 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Arne =?utf-8?q?W=F6rner?= <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: pf / queue+stateful / r generated rules assigned to the right queue?

--nextPart2469819.RaaeHssqsM

Arne,

On Monday 03 October 2005 21:17, Arne W=F6rner wrote:
> Since my server cannot process gracefully a 20Mb/s stream on one
> NIC, while ntpd (or ping) runs on the other NIC (round trip times
> increase from about 60msec to 300msec), I tried to limit the
> sporadic big data stream to not more than 9Mb/s.

it is impossible to limit incoming traffic!  In order to limit this, you ne=
ed=20
to queue on a gateway "in front" of the server.

> When I look at "pfctl -s queue -vv" it looks like, just one way is
> mentioned in the statistic, while the generated corresponding rule
> (I use "keep state") isn't a member of any queue, which would be a
> bug...

I have problems to understand what you are saying here.  Keep some things i=
n=20
mind:
 1) One can only queue *OUT*going traffic
 2) All unclassified outgoing traffic ends up in the default queue
 3) Don't forget about 1)

I might, however, completely misunderstand you problem/question.  In any ca=
se=20
you could try to take this to freebsd-pf@ which is a more specialized=20
mailinglist.  The people there can certainly help you with your setup.

=2D-=20