Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:33:52 -0600
From:      PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy@yahoo.ca>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kevin Lo <kevlo@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD current RT3071 can't connect to 5G network

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Are you seeing RX CRC errors for all rates? CCK? OFDM? HT? At all distances?

CCK not sure, OFDM and HT yes. And at wide range of distances. (Tx
rates usually hit mcs 12 to 14 with 2s ht20 ap)

> There's a handful of things we can look at to see what's causing it
> once some more digging is done.
>
> (Eg, HT? could be guard interval. OFDM has similar issues, there's
> typically ways to configure how much time between each symbol is left
> before transmitting the next one. It may not be doing CTS-to-self, or
> it may not be advertising the right thing via NAV, or it may be
> ignoring CCK, or the receive gain tables are all messed up, etc.)

I have looked into stuff I was able to dig out from other src codes,
ie protection, ifs, nav, bk slot. (Because I do not have datasheet,
every thing is based on my guesses.) One thing I could not figure out
is if on-chip memory is properly allocated for rx pkt. (It seems
memory can be allocated for different things, ie beacon, enc keys).