Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:56:28 -0400
From:      "Thomas Dwyer" <tom@dwyers.ca>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multi-Homed Routing

I have a FreeBSD box for hosting as well as a Gateway for a LAN.

I have recently added a 2nd Internet source (for redundancy) and I want =
to know how to make FreeBSD choose a primary outbound internet source, =
and chose the other if the primary is down?

Am I correct to assume that FreeBSD will automatically return incoming =
requests back through the interface that it arrived on?

e.g.
Internet request coming in on interface-A will return via interface-A
and likewise for interface-B

Thanks
Tom