Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:15:59 +0200
From:      Oliver Herold <oliver@akephalos.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I use FreeBSD-current?? (sony vaio hardware)

Hi

using FreeBSD 6.2 stable would be a nice idea too.

1)no problem at all, I'm using a Core2Duo at my laptop

2)depends on ACPI in your bios

3)is possible with IWI driver

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iwi&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-stable&format=html

4)this depends on your bios, but there is a module called acpi_sony and
acpi_video in
/boot/kernel

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=acpi_sony&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+6.2-stable&format=html

Cheers,