Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:47:04 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, nsayer@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CFD: "bogomips" CPU performance metric

"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > There was such a thing in 386BSD and FreeBSD1.0
> >
> > I certainly thing it was a worth-while thing.
> > I'd try make the loop as similar to the Linux one so that they are
> > comparable.
>
> My vote is to make the number printed in parity with the number printed by
> a Netware server.

I think we should just hack SPECint and SPECfp into the system startup and
be done with it.  That'll make us look professional!  For those who don't
want to add 10 or 15 minutes to their system we'll add an rc.conf knob
to turn it off.

This has got to be the dumbest discussion I've ever seen on -hackers.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com