Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 04:44:24 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dos -> Unix end-of-line conversion

 > I want to roll the /etc/ tree files with all kinds of txt files
 > but text in content only, not in file names, and convert them
 > in mass on there way to the floppy drive that's going to a windows
 > sys. How can I do this on the command line?

# zip -l@ dosfiles.zip < yourlist

find is handy for making yourlist, as has been mentioned; edit to taste.

Conversely, 'unzip -a dosfiles.zip' restores CRLF->LF (or CR->LF for Mac
files).  Check 'man zip' for the -l and -ll options and 'man unzip' for
the -a and -aa options.

These options may be used (inversely) with DOS/win zip/unzip too, and of
course you'll fit something like 3-4Mb of compressed text on the floppy.

Cheers, Ian