Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:24:58 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Purify/Insure++

scrappy@hub.org (about Insure++) said:
:- I just had a discussion with one of their guys...his "solution" was to
:-  get a copy for Solaris and run it on one of my systems at work

I've been around this ring with them also.  We actually bought a
bunch of licenses from them, for a bunch of systems.  They had
an "experimental" BSDI version for a while, but it didn't run
well on FreeBSD.

The product itself is not bad, but they have a rather strange marketing
model and a "weird" licensing architecture.

:- I'm going to look at Purify next...

Which is a really nice product.  I've pinged them about FreeBSD support
periodicaly.  The licence fee for this is worth every dollar.  At work
we buy s-loads of stuff from them.

I'd urge anyone who legitimately would purchase a FreeBSD version to call them
and ask for it.

Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA, witr@rwwa.COM