Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:28:25 +1100
From:      Sam Izzo <izzo@humbug.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   emu10k1 driver

Hi,

What's the current status of the emu10k1 driver?  Is Cameron Grant still around
and actively maintaining it?

I noticed some old posts from around 2000/2001 mentioning that treble/bass
capabilities wouldn't be added for a while because they required using the dsp
as most SBLive's don't have dedicated treble/bass circuitry (and the way it's
implemented under Windows is via filters). I also found a PR about rear speaker
support saying that this wouldn't be done in the near future either (one of the
reasons being that the OSS/Voxware interface didn't (still doesn't ?) provide
for a way to adjust rear speaker volume).

Someone posted this link to -questions:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=a0ahlh%24itf%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw

it's a patch for treble/bass/rear speaker support.  Has anyone tried it?  Is it
a part of 5.0 or 4.7-RELEASE (which I'm running)?  I currently have no rear
speaker sound using an SBLive with Cambridge speakers and would really like
some. :-)

cheers
sam