Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 11:39:19 -0600
From:      splyaski@cmp.com (Plyaskin Sergey)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (' FreeBSD-questions')
Subject:   ASUS board / FreeBSD setup

Hi folks,

I am trying to build two servers running FreeBSD 2.0.5.  Following the
reccomendations from the list, I bought two identical P90 boards (ASUS
P/I-P55TP4XE, PCI/ISA, Triton chipset).  Now, I cannot get the system
working.
I really want to use only SCSI hard disks so I installed Adaptec 1542CF SCSI
controller card (ISA) and disabled the onboard HD controller via CMOS setup.
 The floppy part of the SCSI controlled is disabled.  Now, the SCSI hard
disk is being recognized by adapter's BIOS upon boot.  I installed the OS on
the hard disk but it doesn't boot.  I get the message saying: No bootable
partition found.  Any ideas? Thanks.  Please reply direct to
splyaski@cmp.com

Sergey Plyaskin
CMP Publications