Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 10:16:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Greg Kopp <gregkopp@en.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: curious

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Greg Kopp wrote:

> I'm just a bit curious. I know FreeBSD is based on 4.4BSD-Lite, but how
> close are either of these to the current commercial release of BSD/OS 2.0?

FreeBSD IS 4.4-lite based.  however, we had to make some changes so
BSD/OS 2.0 binaries would work (I believe they are in -current, no?).

> I'm sure the underlying code is much different, but what about the user
> interface? The reason I ask is I'm considering buying BSD/OS 2.0, but I

Why not just use FreeBSD all the time?  Just as good an OS and a heck of
a lot cheaper.  :)

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant