Date:      Thu, 3 Nov 2011 13:36:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        =?KOI8-R?B?4c7Uz84g68zF09M=?= <rc5hack@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it safe to interrupt (Ctrl + C) while building a port or kernel?

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, ????? ????? wrote:

> Is it clear to interrupt the building process just by pressing Ctrl + <C>?
>
> If it's so, do I need to run "make clean" before I start "make" one more time?

With ports, a "make clean" before rebuilding is a good idea.  The build
might not be able to continue cleanly, or might have to build
differently, depending on what was changed.

For /usr/src, I just remove /usr/obj/usr and build again, but also use
devel/ccache so there's not much penalty for doing that.