Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:06:21 GMT
From:      Frederico Terra Boechat<fboechat@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/108895: PPPoE dead connections 6.2

>Number:         108895
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       PPPoE dead connections 6.2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I had a FreeBSD server, 4.11, wich served PPPoE connections to wireles clients.
It worked perfectly until I migrated to 6.0 - StABLE.

In 6.0 - STABLE, if the FreeBSD server reboots or some client lost its connection, the respective tun still actives and the ip address still actives too. The connection isn't killed by PPPoE Server and the client can't connect again.

In 4.11 the same problem doesn't exists.

It's a bug of pppd or some configuration changes since 4.11?

I'm using radius to restrict double login.

Thanks.

Frederico Boechat
>How-To-Repeat:
make a PPPoe connection with any client, reboots with reset button the client or the server. The client can't connect again if simultaneous-use = 1 and the server is 6.x

And try it again, with FreeBSD 4.x in the server side.

>Fix:
I believe that if it's a bug in the 6.x version, why not use the same 4.x version of pppd?